Nowadays, dating and communication on the Internet no longer frighten or surprises anyone. There are many applications and services with which you can find an interesting conversation partner, a true friend, or even the love of your life. But how can you avoid getting lost within this diversity? And how can you find exactly the platform that will meet all your expectations, and not make you disappointed in online dating? Just for you, we conducted an audit of a wide variety of applications and services, and we’re ready to share the top ones.
But first, let’s look at why people generally use online dating platforms. It seems that this should be obvious — to get to know each other and chat. But in fact, each user pursues their own goal. Some want to pass the evening in the company of a pleasant companion. Others are seriously focused on finding their soulmate. Others still are interested in short and non-committal relationships. And a fourth group just wants to improve their knowledge of a foreign language by communicating with native speakers.
Therefore, you need to choose a platform based on what you expect from interaction on the Internet. After all, there are both “universal” services and platforms focused on a narrower audience. However, these can be both free and paid. As a rule, paid services are preferred by those users who want to achieve their goals and are serious about it.
So let’s look at what platform is right for you!
Top services for those who are looking for speed dating
By far the most famous dating app is Tinder. You can download it from both the App Store and Google Play. It works extremely simply: download, register, fill out the form and indicate your preferences. Next, the system shows you the profiles and photos of other users. If you like a person, you swipe their profile to the right. If not, swipe left. You can start chatting with someone you like if they also swipe your profile to the right.
Using Tinder, you can meet people both nearby and around the world. The application works in 190 countries. It is free to use, but it also has paid subscriptions that improve the quality of communication. For example, using Tinder Gold, you can view the profiles of those who like you. Tinder Plus gives you access to unlimited likes and the ability to undo your last like or pass. And with a Tinder Platinum subscription, you can jump right into the conversation by adding a message to each Super Like.
The dating service Pure is snapping at Tinder’s heels. Initially, it was developed as a service for quick sex dating and soon became very popular. Communication here begins with anonymous text ads in which users share their desires. Chat opens with mutual attraction. It lets you send photo and audio messages, as well as gifts. There is also a video chat mode where you can chat using an electronic mask that covers your face.
Given the frankness in text interactions, the developers of Pure paid special attention to the privacy and security of their service. All sent photos are deleted immediately after viewing. You can’t save them or even take a screenshot. Also, after 24 hours, the chat itself is deleted (but this feature can be disabled in settings). Access to the application for men is paid — there are weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions.
Platforms for those who crave long-term relationships
If you’re not interested in communication lasting just one night, you should pay attention to services aimed at a more “serious” audience:
- eHarmony. This platform was created specifically for those who desire a long-term relationship with the possibility of marriage. When registering, users fill out a detailed questionnaire, and then pass the so-called compatibility test. Based on its results, the system selects profiles of other users that seem to match. eHarmony is only partly free. Most of the features in it are paid, and the minimum subscription is 6 months.
- OkCupid. A very popular service used by more than a million people every day. The site is aimed at a young audience. The age of the vast majority of users is 25-35 years old, just like eHarmony users, OkCupid members take a test when they sign up, and in accordance with the test results, the system selects potential partners. Unlike eHarmony, OkCupid has fairly wide free functionality. For an additional fee, you can view who has liked your profile, search for users using advanced search, disable ads, and more.
- Heybaby. This is an application that was created especially for people with children and for those who want to become a parent. After all, quite often children become a stumbling block in relationships. And it’s not just about children from a previous marriage. For example, one partner wants as many children as possible, while the other prefers to be child-free. When registering with Heybaby, the user fills out a questionnaire that allows her to find a partner with real long-term compatibility. Questions in the questionnaire are very different — starting with the desire to have children in the future and ending with travel preferences.
Video chat for video dating
It is far from always easy to understand from text messages what kind of person is in front of you. Therefore, many people prefer to get acquainted using video chat, in which communication with the other person takes place face to face and in real-time.
Today there are a huge number of video chat services. The first chat roulette of this kind was Omegle. It remains quite popular, despite weak moderation. There is no need to register or fill out a form. The system simply connects you with random people. You cannot select gender, age, or country to search. The surprise element is what users come to Omegle for.
For those who want to have more control, we advise you to look at Omegle alternatives:
- VideochatOmegle.com — an alternative to Omegle in which the system only connects users of the opposite gender. Videochatomegle.com has a free trial period for everyone, and there are no fakes and bots here. Each girl verifies her identity during registration, which has a positive effect on the quality of communication. A great resource for single men!
- OmeTV — a geographic and gender filter is available here, which already significantly reduces your search. For the convenience of users, the ability to translate text messages is provided. Also, the site is great for communicating with native speakers of foreign languages.
- Camsurf — like OmeTV, offers gender and geographic filters. In general, these two video chat sites are very similar both externally and in functionality. Of the differences, Camsurf offers, a big one is the ability to specify your interests.
If we’re talking about interests, for many it’s important that in this matter they match their soulmate. After all, then spending time together brings more pleasure, and there’s always something to talk about. For such people, special niche dating applications were created.
Interest-based dating services
For example, developers released the Kippo app, where gamers can meet and chat. Here you can create a unique profile that reflects your personality and interests. After registration, the system gives you the chance to answer a series of questions about your tastes and preferences regarding video games. After that, the application selects potential partners who like the same things as you.
Another intriguing interest-based application is XO. To start communicating with someone, first, you need to play a fun mini-game with them. You can first view their profile, and only then play. Or you can choose to go on a blind date, play and chat before you see each other’s profiles.
As you can see, there are a huge number of sites and applications for online dating. And finding a truly interesting person, even on a dating site that is geared towards you, is not easy. But it’s still possible, so keep it up! We advise you to use highly specialized sites as they give you more chances to find that perfect person.